Oh, quarantine. It has inspired me to write more, organize stuff and, of course, bake amazing treats. I saw a version these cookies on instagram from an influencer I like called @kalejunkie. She has great ideas and I have had luck with her recipes. Recently, I found myself with an overabundance of tahini. I am not quite sure what happened, but I think it is one of those things that happens when you have good intentions to tackle a recipe and your plans fall through and then you do it again and then maybe a third time. This is a tip of the hat to the traditional chocolate chip cookie, but without the refined stuff or the dairy. It is not Vegan because I used one egg and I have not tested it with an egg replacement.
So here it is:
1 1/4 cup almond flour
1 cup tahini
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp baking soda
1 heaping cup of mini gluten free dairy free chocolate chips
sea salt flakes for topping
- In a medium bowl mix together almond flour, tahini and maple syrup and mini chips. Make sure its well mixed and thick. like similar to a wet cookie dough. chill the dough for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour. The Kale Junkie made it a point to say not to skip this step so I din’t.
- While dough is chilling start preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with some parchment.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and add the remaining ingredients. Mix well. Bake for 10-12 minutes. One of her tips was to under bake them. I think it is a good tip, however, it really is just the Goldie Locks rule. Keep an eye on them and don’t over bake.
- Sprinkle with pink Himalayan sea salt!
* As an option you can add CBD the batter before chillin. I would go with an unflavored CBD hemp oil tincture or a lemon.