CBD and Bone Broth are my go-to’s when I want a quick way to cut the inflammation and get a jump start on feeling better. As the holidays approach, I always feel better shedding a few pounds of water weight, upping my energy level and feeling good in my party clothes. With a super packed work and social calendar, I find that 3 days is the perfect amount of time for a quick detox before the retox! You can do this before Thanksgiving or somewhere in mid December if you are feeling rundown and need a reset.
Why do we want to decrease inflammation?
As a CBD and supplement company we get asked all the time why CBD is promoted to be a cure all or like “snake oil.” It is definitely not a cure all. CBD is the best natural way to target inflammation in our bodies.* Your daily CBD regime combined with eliminating the inflammatory foods below, is great way to increase immunity, decrease chronic pain and prevent long term illnesses.
This detox is a super easy way to incorporate the benefits of intermittent fasting while taking advantage of the healing and anti-inflammatory properties of bone broth and CBD oil. Giving your body a few days to process through toxins before or during the holidays is a great way to:
- Decrease inflammation and feel better right before or during the holidays
- Create mindfulness around holiday eating. Since you just detoxed, you may be more mindful about your intake at the Holiday party.
- Decrease water weight making everyone feel better in their own skin (and holiday attire)!
Are you ready to feel more energetic, curb cravings and jump start your metabolism…here is how easy it is:
QUICK DETOX BEFORE THE RETOX
Day 1 -3: What makes this detox so easy is that the duration is three days and there are no complicated instructions or recipes. If you are looking for a complicated detox you should look for the 2020 detox Goop will be publishing shortly. Seriously, we love Goop, but this detox is not the Goop detox. It is quick and easy.
- Eliminate all of the following in your diet: grains, gluten, dairy, soy, meat/seafood, eggs, coffee, alcohol.
- Each morning upon rising: drink an 8oz. glass of room temperature water with lemon and take a dose of CBD (we recommend starting with 15 MG. or whatever your current dose is, please refer to our dosing guide for further info)
- Throughout each day include: six, 8oz cups of bone broth (or hearty mushroom veggie broth) + ½ cup of steamed vegetables of your choosing up to 6x per day.
Suggestions for best results: vegetables should include all green vegetables, zucchini, yellow squash, seaweed, and carrots. We like to add ours into the broth for more of a soupy feel! The hardest thing for may people will be the elimination of coffee. For a great coffee substitute during this detox use “Dandy Blend” and/or herbal tea.
Get creative, use zucchini or kelp noodles and be sure to steam the vegetables until cooked through. Be sure to drink plenty of fresh filtered water throughout the day. Eight, 8oz. glasses of water per day is a good goal, or to be more precise you can calculate it by following our steps below or using this formula.
Take your weight (in pounds) and divide that by 2.2.
Multiply that number depending on your age: If you’re younger than 30, multiply by 40. If you’re between 30-55, multiply by 35. If you’re older than 55, multiply by 30.
Divide that sum by 28.3.
Your total is how many ounces of water you should drink each day. Divide that number by 8 to see your result in cups.
Add lemon to your water as desired.
Other note: Sea Salt is ok but stay away from table salt.
Day 3 is the end of the 3 day bone broth + CBD detox! Be sure to complete the entire Day 3 as listed above for best results. Cheers!